Stroke is a preventable catastrophe and has severe, long-term, disabling consequences.
SAFE’s vision is to work towards greatly decreasing the number of strokes in Europe and that all who are touched by stroke get the help and support they need.
SAFE engages in activities such as campaigning, education and encouraging research, which contribute to the advancement of stroke prevention and the improvement of the quality of life of stroke survivors, their families and carers.
- The annual European Life After Stroke Forum
- The Stroke Action Plan for Europe
- Stroke prevention resource
- Stroke advocacy
Our advocacy reports
- A life saved is a life worth living
- Economic impact of stroke report in Europe
- Burden of stroke in Europe
EU research projects