SAFE’s Annual General Assembly took place at the Sheraton Porto Hotel, in Porto, Portugal, 29 November 2019.
The following matters were approved:
- The minutes of the General Assembly 2018
- The annual report and accounts 2018-19
- The new articles of association
We welcomed two new full members:
- The Ukrainian Anti-Stroke Association
- Mozdani Val (a Croatian association for better quality of life after stroke).
And we welcomed The Turkish Cerebrovascular Diseases Society as an associate member.
We welcome three new Board members:
- Derya Uluduz, Beyinder (Turkey)
- Hrvoje Jurlina, Croatian Stroke Society
- Dmytro Gulyayev, Ukrainian Anti-Stroke Organisation
We would also like to welcome back three Board members who were standing for re-election:
- Anita Arsovska, Macedonian organisation for a fight against stroke
- Ivan Milojevic, Udruzenji Mozdaniudar (Serbia)
- Pnina Rosenzweig, Neeman Stroke Survivors Organisation (Israel)
We had two officer vacancies and the following board members elected:
- Anita Arsovska as Vice president
- Marina Charalambous as Secretary
Please see Board members page for more information about our Board.
Markus Wagner, from the German Stroke Foundation Stiftung Deutsche Schlaganfall-Hilfe, stepped down from the Board after being involved with SAFE from its conception in 2004. SAFE thanked Markus for his involvement and he was presented with a gift to mark his achievements.