About the European Life After Stroke Forum
On 12 March 2021, SAFE will be hosting the 1st European Life After Stroke Forum at the Hotel Catalonia Barcelona Plaza in Barcelona, Spain.
SAFE is the voice of stroke patients, survivors and carers in Europe, representing a range of stroke support organisations from more than 30 European countries. Life after stroke is a key priority for SAFE who recognise the need to promote this neglected area of the care pathway holistically.
To address this issue, SAFE has committed to organising a first of its kind event in Europe in 2021 – a one day Life After Stroke Forum. This will create an opportunity for those who have an interest in this area, whether from a research, policy, advocacy, or support oriented perspective, to come together to share and network.
Our programme is being developed by our scientific committee, which is drawn from European countries, and includes a range of patient representatives, academics and researchers. The committee is chaired by Professor Avril Drummond from the University of Nottingham in the UK.
The programme covers a range of topical issues in life after stroke as well as cutting- edge developments in response to COVID-19. It will comprise keynote lectures by eminent invited speakers supplemented by contributed talks and a poster session. Our draft programme is here.
We are now seeking abstracts for the 1st European Life After Stroke Forum, for the opportunity to present either a ten-minute oral presentation or a poster presentation.
The deadline for submitting abstracts is 14 September 2020.
To book a delegate place at the European Life After Stroke Forum, please visit (link available soon)
To contact SAFE about your abstract, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for submitting an abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted using the form on the SAFE website only, and emailed to email@example.com
- Presentation type: abstracts may be submitted for either a scientific or a ‘Grab and Steal’ service development presentation.
Scientific: this may be for completed or ongoing trials and studies in the broad area of life after stroke.
Grab and Steal: this is to share experiences of service developments in life after stroke where these original ideas and innovative practices could be used by others.
- Presentation type: abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentation.
The abstracts committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- You will receive acknowledgement of receipt of your application.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to change it.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by 31 December 2020 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication in the official conference publications.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official conference publications.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. Please avoid technical language and remember that people with stroke and their carers will be in the audience. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university specific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest: abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Instructions for preparation of presentations will be made available on the conference website.